STEP 1. Show You Are Interested and Schedule an Interview
There are several different ways to get hired!
- Fill out an online inquiry
- Attend an Open Hiring Session – Call for details
- Contact your local office
STEP 2. Complete Necessary Paperwork
STEP 3. Additional Documentation
A Work Permit for anyone under 18 (obtained from your school).
Please bring two forms of ID to your interview. Valid ID options are listed on the I-9 form (See page 5).
STEP 4. Read the following TIPS
Along with preparing information for the interview, you need to prepare yourself, too. Making a good first impression is very important. It starts with setting up an interview and filling out the application yourself, instead of having a friend or relative do it. To give an employer the best impression, follow some general guidelines:
- Be on time for the interview;
- Dress neatly, even when dropping off an application (shorts and sandals may come with the job, but while you’re still an applicant, a sharper look is better);
- Be courteous and polite;
- Maintain eye contact;
- Avoid distracting habits (such as chewing gum, playing with hair or fidgeting);
- Be honest;
- Ask questions – this is one of the best ways to show you’re really interested in the job. Questions may include topics such as duties, hours, benefits and pay; and
- Follow up by sending a thank-you letter after the interview.